At London International Academy, our staff and faculty know the importance of our students success, health, wellbeing, and safety – it is our priority. That’s why we want to provide more than just the standard care. We want to offer more to our students. Starting September 2021, we will be taking our care for our boarding students one step further, with LIACare+.
LIACare+ will provide:
- A structured evening and weekend plan that includes supervised activities after classes;
- Age and grade appropriate academic guidance and have extra supervision as they transition to more independent living in their senior high school years;
- Leadership that encourages student to develop healthy routines that balance life inside and outside the classroom;
- An environment to learn practical everyday skills as the student moves towards University life.
1. Extra Academic Attention + Support
- One-on-one pre-scheduled meetings with our Guidance Counselor twice a month to discuss academic concerns and questions that arise
- Nightly study hall in boarding with supervision regarding homework completion
- Individually assigned teacher (study hall supervisor) to contact regarding homework, assignment concerns, etc.
- Individually assigned mentorship from senior year / returning student (peer support)
- Support in completing Community Service Hours
2. Security, Supervision + Health Plan
- Nightly check-ins from RA
- Extra security measures in place for students under age 16
- Supervised Nightly Study Hall
- Cannot leave overnight without parental permission
- If medical attention is needed student will be escorted by designated staff member
- Mental health services provided to students to utilize if needed
3. After School Program
- Must join at least 3 school clubs, can include STEM and DECA (Mandatory)
- Monthly trip (Compulsory)
- Friday night programming (Compulsory)
- Weekend activities, including photos sent to parents (Compulsory)